Foster Faulkner's Newest Team Member...

Just kidding! Although it would be a good idea to find some kind of sponsor.

So if any of you want an over weight chick who happens to have decided that running is what she wants to do (don't ask me why I don't have the slightest clue) to wear your business logo on me when I run.. I will gladly do so, I have a large frame I can find somewhere to stick it.

All of this came about in a conversation with my Daddy..

So I told my sweet loving supporting daddy about signing up for 7 half marathons... he said and I quote "You need to find a sponsor so it doesn't cost you so much" My response was to laugh and say "WHO do you think will sponsor ME?" I should not have asked... he says... "Oh I don't know the funeral home maybe?"

Maybe I need to be the poster child of it doesn't matter if you're chubby you can still run and not die.

Who knows, I am cold and tired and don't know what I am talking about at the moment.

PS.. the chest area is reserved for Outer Banks Bootcamps so if you really wanted a spot the best I have left is a thigh or a butt cheek.

Boot Camp Recap.
Last Wednesday the Dunes of Hell aka Jockey's Ridge with the newly crowned Captain Todd Parks. I will say that is a much deserved ranking he did an amazing job with the night campers this winter. Always encouraging you to put your best effort out there. And come on, any man who doesn't completely die laughing at the chick who is close to becoming a homicidal maniac on a mail box deserves a huge reward. Jockey's Ridge is always tough and with the soleus thing going on I took it easy up hill, but just trudged along and made it through. That is what matters to me, finishing I don't care where just as long as I gave it all I had and finished.

This Monday night we were back at the gym, for some running and conditioning exercises. Since I have decide to do these 7 half marathons this year I do need to focus solely on running, while the other things I do for fitness are fun they can't come first, running has to and the exercises that can help me become a better runner. (if these guys can turn this chick into a runner they are miracle workers) Adam gave me some tips on cores exercises, and lunges, and twists and what not. He also gave me the biggest tip of all, don't do it FAST do it RIGHT, the team will wait. I had to do that today on the field doing lunges, I knew I was getting behind and I STAYED behind and I did each of those lunges deep and correctly. I wanted to add in the twist but that wouldn't be fair. We ran the bike path hill and considerable amount of times (ok it was probably only 3 but it felt like more lol) The night ended with the biggest bootcamp log and a series of exercises, the last one being where I was the weakest link (yes I can say that because I was called that) anyway picture this.. 10 foot log.. 6 bodies 1 of which is twice the size as the other 5. I still felt that log doing sit ups this morning.. Sorry team but at sit up 20 I was out of breath! We are supposed to breath in on the down.. well I would and then POFFFFFF! the log would smoosh me and I didn't have anything for the up. It was pathetic. But in case this was confusing I drew you are visual. Everyone needs visuals now and then right?

Anyway the night ended with me huffing and puffing so all in all it was good.

Next up Tuesday morning! You heard right Tuesday morning. Spring training has begun for the Flying Pirate. These are morning camps so I am having to get used to the alarm at 430 am again, but it won't take long. First day, 4 mile run. I was slow but steady. Matt has thrown a curve ball at us and is now offering two a day's in that every night we have a chance to run  3 or 4 or 28904 miles, again I showed up and put in another 4. Slow and Steady. I am striving for Medium and Steady, but also attempting not to over train.

Wednesday was a bust due to Mother Nature thanks a lot you old witch. Graduation from Night Camp is now on Monday. I still think my idea of climbing the monument and the last one blown off being the honor graduate was a good idea, I mean I was a shoo in, nothing is blowing this frame anywhere. Oh well maybe next time.

And finally this morning.. track day, or so I thought. After a sleepless night due to wind, rain and random objects pelting my house the alarm went off and I just laid there. "Nope I am not going... this is crazy, night camp was cancelled, why are we morning camping, it is still blowing, is it still raining?? I pay for this? Why do I do this?? I haven't slept you aren't supposed to train with no sleep!  Nope not going... sigh stop making excuses.. lets go." I got up walked the pup, who by the way was none to happy with my getting up that time of morning and off I went. Turned out to be a fun morning of running all over the school yard, kinda felt like I was 10 again. It is nice being with a group that I can pace with and not feeling like I am holding anyone back, if I need to slow down a bit I can, if I can run ahead I can, its a good feeling. There are still a few things that my right leg HATES me to do, push ups on my toes, burpees (lord help me at the Spartan) anything that really requires my toes to be bent and pushing backwards toward my heal, I get that "cramp" when I do them. It is getting better, it used to be I couldn't even maintain the position, now I can for awhile. I made certain that the exercises I performed I did correctly and while they may have been a bit slower, they were right and that is where the pay off comes from. Track day and not once did we touch the track kinda cool stuff!

It was however the dirtiest I have ever gotten at bootcamp (discounting sand because that isn't dirt that is sand) quite funny. My poor pants...

So there ya have it.. 7 half marathons this year, signed up, locked loaded and must do.
Foster Faulkner here I come!

Much Love to All,
Re



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...

Clownfish?? Well okie dokie then.

Why you will be hearing about my Spartan for a long time.